Sunday, February 8, 2009

BABY MOVEMENT

Abilene - A few weeks ago, Jenn Rogers felt what she thought was just one of many (and I mean many) what I like to call "gas garbles"...you know, that feeling you get right before you have to make the decision "Hmmm...am I in a location to release this bit of air into the atmosphere or should I maintain my current state of equilibrium and avoid any chance of complete embarrassment?"

"I mostly choose the former," said Mark while sitting on his couch eating baked beans. "I never get embarrassed."

Anyway, the feeling wasn't a "gas garble" because it didn't feel exactly the same. The feeling was HH making its first physical contact with the real world.

Since that first flutter, Jenn has felt a considerable amount of movement from deep inside her belly. HH is squirming.

One has to wonder what that feels like to a woman.

Many men have likened it to the movie Alien, Aliens, Alien Resurrection and the diner scene from Spaceballs.

With all this speculating and dwelling, one would also think that it would be normal for a pregnant husband to have dreams that a baby is alive, squirming and writhing within himself.

And this reporter has heard from certain pregnant dads that a dream like that is quite fun and cute during slumber, but when sleep is shaken off and the dream is remembered in those few seconds when the brain remembers dreams, it can be quite traumatizing and horrific...so I've heard. Especially when during said dream, a little baby hand comes reaching out grabbing and waving.

(shudder)

All that said, HH is moving around quite a bit, and the happy parents can't wait until they can actually see the movements from the outside.

And Mark is happy that a squirming, writhing, kicking, peeing baby is in his wife and not his own belly...but that won't stop the dreams. The horrifying and frightening dreams.

3 comments:

  1. So excitiing! The first time you feel the baby is crazy!! It is great -- true testimony of God's great works! Hope yall are great! And Jenn, you are the cutest little pregnant thing I have ever seen!! LOVE the fresh new haircut, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what was that? a comment from my old boss's wife, kim? NIIIICE! I agree.. Jenn you are adorable. And Mark.. don't worry. i had the exact same dream last night.. but instead of something being inside my belly, I had an aquarium sitting on a table. And instead of a hand coming out of my belly button, there were turtles in the aquarium. So... i guess.. it was a little different... and mine wasn't in the least bit scary. so... never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you are now able to feel the baby move. Isn't it an incredible feeling? Enjoy those movements now because you will miss them once HH is born!

    ReplyDelete