Thursday, March 26, 2009

24 DOWN - 16 TO GO

Abilene - Jennifer Rogers flew past the 24 week mark of her pregnancy with flying colors on Sunday. Her oft forgotten husband, Mark, accompanied her to the OB on Tuesday where Dr. Tadvick told Jenn that she "was all baby." Something the couple enjoyed hearing.

Jenn has gained about 18 pounds in 24 weeks. "That's perfect," according to Dr. Tadvick. The baby is in perfect condition, the perfect size and has the perfect Father.

Mark can now easily feel Haelyn with his hand kicking and moving deep inside Jenn's growing womb...growing so much that it's making her permanent "innie" bellybutton now a full fledged "outie."

Not much more is happening in the baby department with the expecting couple. Jenn is having more trouble sleeping and has her good nights and bad. It doesn't help that she shares a bed with Stinky McGroaner.

The couple is registered at Babies R Us and Target. Surprsingly, Mark was pleasant and helpful during the registration process at the Babies R Us in Austin. Some witnesses say they saw him drinking heavily before entering the hellish store but he has denied those accusations vehemently.

"Why would I drunk before the store I go?" Mark stammered when questioned as he was leaving the store for overprotected babies. "I shop liking for baby stuff. I love sisms." He then fell over the curb and was helped to his feet by several pregnant women rolling their eyes profusely.

The weird thing to think about is that if Haelyn were taken out of the womb today, she could technically survive. Not that anyone wants that to happen...just crazy to think about.

One thing that Haelyn communicated from the womb via morse code...she can't wait to watch college football with her dad this year.

5 comments:

  1. I think I say the same comment after each post, but you're such a weirdo. :) The posts are really fun to read, though. I'm going to the doctor in 2-week increments now and at the beginning of April I'll be going every week. We're getting near the end. Crazy. I'm really excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone needs to alert CPS. This dad is NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up, Mark! Oh Jenn...you will have your hands full!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and as for the sleeping....sorry but this is a preview of what is yet to come in that beloved third trimester! Good news is...it is still much better sleep than you'll get when Haelyn arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haelyn better not be anything but a Longhorn fan. . . -signed- anonymous51

    ReplyDelete