Yes, she does have one, but her cheeks and chin are usually covering it! Ha!
Friday night we went to the Baker's house for some yummy burgers. Mark did not take part in the yummy food, but he did feed H Bug while I ate! Thankful for that. H Bug got to meet Baby Baker for the first time. She was mesmerized by her. We have another couple friend that have a baby girl due in April. It will be fun to watch all these girls run around screaming and playing together one day.
On Saturday we played hard at home. H Bug decided to wake up at 5:45am (unusual for her) ready to go, so we played and played and played. I did, however, instruct her to take a "long winter's nap". She followed my directions perfectly. Twice. Sweet obedient girl let Mommy take a nap too! The house is a mess, but I'm okay with that. I know, I know, you are all in shock that I wrote those words. I'm working on it. I've realized that a nap and playing with my girl must trump an immaculate house.
Sunday we went to church and class. That always makes for a tired baby when she doesn't get a morning nap. I did get her to sleep on me for about 30 minutes while we were there. I think she would have fallen asleep sooner, but it was 100 degrees in our classroom. She is so warm natured and could not get comfortable. I finally had to go stand in the foyer for a minute and let the brisk air hit her. She fell fast asleep. Miss Picky Pants. We had fun though, visiting with friends at church and meeting some new people at our table.
Sunday afternoon our Abbie came over to visit H Bug. She brought her a cute monkey. I have been looking for a little monkey that H can use as a transitional object. He's perfect. Thanks Abbie!
Sunday evening we went to eat with a doctor that Mark has here visiting Hendrick. H did great. She sat like a big girl and played in the high chair. She let out a few cutie squeals, and had all of the waitresses smiling at her. She got to eat her food at the restaurant, which is always entertaining for those around. Especially when she kept sneezing between bites. Lovely.
All of this to say, we now have a snotty nosed baby. She has continued to sneeze and her little eyes are watering like crazy. We decided it would be a good idea to stay home from work/school and put the humidifier, Baby Vicks and the infamous boogie bulb to good use. There were quite a few babies sick in H's class at RBS last week with RSV so we are just being extra cautious. H was one of 4 babies that didn't get it or something similar. I am so thankful that I have the greatest boss ever, and that I have the flexibility to be home with my sweet girl while she's under the weather.
I pray for healing and health as we scoot through this cold and flu season...come on Spring!!
I am so glad you are realizing it earlier than I...that playing with your kiddos trumps an immaculate house. Yes, it has taken me 4 years and 3 kids to FINALLY feel this way. And I hate to even admit that. I, too, am working on letting my OCDness take a back seat. :) Ha! Anyhow, she sure is precious. LOVE double chins, and the goodnews is, they are perfectly acceptable at Haelyn's age! ;)
ReplyDelete