Saturday, January 16, 2010

THE IMPORTANT THING...



The important thing about me is that I am a Mommy.
I have 2 dogs,
I have a supportive husband,
I love my family,
I am an introvert,
and I love to read,
but the important thing about me is that I am a Mommy.

_________________________________

If you haven't read this book or if you don't own it...read it...buy it.
I used to read this book to my class every year and they just loved it! Dr. Hood and I read it to our Early Childhood Block class at the beginning of the semester. It is a great book. We have our college students create a page to share with the class as a get to know you assignment. This is an old old book, with a great message. My brother created his own Important Thing book when he was in elementary school with his own words and illustrations. I knew right away the book he was emulating just by the way his writing was patterned. Just thought I'd share with my fellow Mommies, Grandmas, and teachers.

3 comments:

  1. As soon as I read the first line I knew what book you were thinking of. Gotta love teachers! I'm glad you and your family are doing so well. Isn't life spectacular?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too sweet! i don't think u are an introvert..i am so going to have to buy this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie!
    Leah...yes I actually am an introvert to the core, but you were one of the few people in my life that got to see the other side of me. You will love this book and so will those cutie boys!

    ReplyDelete